Sunday, April 6, 2008

Parity

When there are several big players in a market, it’s just that much harder to get an edge.

I’ll generalise from a sample of one (me!) to say that there isn’t much between most of the big brand FMCGs, telcos (pick any other category that's cluttered) as far as their brand communications go. None of them really stand out.

That’s probably because, (ironically?), most of these big players do market research.

To understand their respective target markets, it's likely that they're asking the same sorts of people the same sorts of questions. And so they should. This kind of research is fundamental. 

But while I’ve no doubt that the majority of these companies’ communications are based on sound consumer insights, the problem is that they’re all based on the same (or very similar) sound consumer insights. So you end up with parity of sorts.

Beyond a salient creative execution, it’s no wonder that no one’s really standing out.

2 comments:

joana lui said...

It is great to observe somebody put enough craze towards a matter. I'm thankful that I stumbled upon this process. I am lucky I used the time to read on past the 1st paragraph. You have got a whole lot to say, very much to offer. I really hope guys understand this and look into your page.

safety deposit box
bank safety deposit boxes
mailbox post
residential mailboxes
gold bar for sale

asif ifteakhar said...

Thank you for the great article I did enjoyed reading it, I will be sure to
bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from again.
I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a good day

north london business opportunities
london networking groups
london business networking
london business group